Monday, January 20, 2014

My world

My whole world is, my son Connor. I honestly don't know where I would be with out him. Maybe our situation wasn't ideal but I believe God had a plan. 
Connor went for a sleep over last night to his friends. This was the first time he was gone on a weekend night and that I had free to my self in well over 2 years. I was completely lost. I ended up grabbing a bite to eat and wondering through target, coming home doing laundry and dishes. 
When he was younger there were plenty of times I needed a break, now that he is older those days are far and few between. He is a big boy, can keep him self entertained and is self sufuent in many ways. I wish I could slow down the hands of time (( as I sing it, just like the song ha)) and soak up every ounce of this life we have created.  Today was one of those days that I just take a step back and it fills my heart with joy. 
After I picked him up from his friends we and ran a few errands, had lunch at went to the humane society to look at the puppies. He's been asking for a dog for a couple weeks and while it's crossed my mind I just don't like the idea of it being locked up all day while we are gone. The way he figures it all out and solves all the problems brings a smile to my face. He told me that he would save his money for the dog, the dog could share his toys so then all we needed to do was buy it foods. Love how precious little minds work. As far as the dog we didn't bring one home with us today but I do think that every little boy should have a mans best friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment