Sunday, March 2, 2014

Field Trip

1st grade had a field trip to the Peace Center to see a puppeteer show of three stories by Eric Carle. Little Cloud, The Mixed up Chamleon and The Very Hungry Carterpiller. When the registration came out months ago to be a chaperone I jumped on it. I try to go on at least one a year so far that's what I have been able to do and it works out with work. The Very Hungry Carterpiller was Connor's favorite book when he was little. I didn't have to be to the school until 11 so I went into work for a couple hours and then went over to the school. We were waiting and waiting for the buses and it turns out they were never ordered! The field trip was supposed to happen at the first of January but because of snow the performers were snowed in, in NY. I guess the buses were never re ordered for us. Luckily it was a beautiful day out and the Peace Center is only a 10 or so mintue walk on the Swamp Rabbit Trail. We walked it was a lot of fun and they all loved the play. Afterwards I took Connor home for the rest of the day his request was to go to the downtown library and QT (gas station) we did all of that and stopped and got him new shoes. He's been asking for a pair of Jordan's for months now and even gave me $20 of his Christmas money so he finaly got some, he is loving them. 








No comments:

Post a Comment