Monday, January 9, 2012

December

This is always an extremely busy month for us. With my birthday, Christmas activities and now my surgery was lingering around the corner. I wasn't sure how long I would be down for so there were many lose ends I felt like I needed to tie up both at home and work, guess that is the OCD in me.


I celebrated my 29th birthday. Its hard to believe that I am almost 30, which plan to celebrate with a bang! This year I wanted to do something fun, and since I am older bar scene isn’t my thing anymore. I heard about wine with design and thought that would be perfect. Wine with Design is a studio downtown Greenville, and you can bring wine and appetizers with you as you paint a picture. Now I was really scared of painting a picture starting with a blank canvas. I might be crafty but I can barley draw a stick person. It was something I wanted to try. There were 6 of us and was so much fun. Michelle and I have talked about how we can not wait to go back and do it again. I was also pretty proud of my painting! Although we all painted the same picture they all looked different.


IMG_0180 IMG_0189


377012_10100512577023457_12602315_51954323_351571614_n 388280_10100512577557387_12602315_51954324_76654107_n


Every year the Hospital System host cookies with Santa for employees, we have been going for the past 3 years since I started there. The lines can get pretty long but for me it is worth it because we get to see Santa have pictures taking and it is FREEE. This single momma with a fixed budget likes that word! Plus the mall Santa and pictures they have for you to purchase are not always the greatest.


DSC02372 DSC02385


I also held our 3rd Christmas party. I love doing it because I can see everyone and one time. The house was FULL of kids, but it was great! The first picture is of all the kids, I think one was missing, just shows how full the house was! The second is of me and my sweet Alice. I love this kid to death and she holds a very special place in my heart, for a reminder she is the one I helped deliver this past April.


DSC02399 DSC02400



Connor had been talking about horses, and about the same time my friend Angie from work offered for us to come out to their house and to come and see and even ride the horses. Connor was excited, I was really hoping he would get on one but he didn’t want to. He did get close to the horse pet her and brush her which is a huge step for him. Mr. Keith also took Con out on the John Deer tractor and let him drive all by him self (steering where ever he wanted to go), for the rest of the day all he talked about how he was a farmer now since he got to drive the tractor. We also played hide and go seek with her hound dog, and saw the chickens, it was a fun day.


DSC02418 DSC02423 DSC02430


I ended up finding out about this house on Facebook that has tons of lights and was free, we ended up going three nights and it was awesome. Never anything I had seen before. It was the Clark Griswalds' of all houses!



My Cousin Courtney Smith did our Christmas Pictures. I really wanted something with our Christmas Tree and railroad tracks.



Our Christmas Card for this year!


IMG_0242[1]


Christmas Time! Michelle and Kyle came come up and were here the morning of. Connor for a long time had been asking for a DS from Santa then about 3 weeks before Christmas started asking for walkie-talkies and handcuffs. Santa was able to give him all the above. He got tons of stuff and of course the house was a mess.


DSC02457 DSC02458 DSC02468 DSC02487 DSC02490


My surgery was Dec. 29th, it went well and my pain surprisingly has not been that bad, and not anything I expected nor prepared my self for. I have not been to the Dr. for my post op yet I am am not sure when I will be able to walk on it or return to work. I ended up renting a thing called a knee scooter and it is pretty much just that, it is an alternate for crutches and it is soooo much better also.

No comments:

Post a Comment