Sunday, January 8, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. McAbee

My sister got married on Oct 8th. The day went by so fast from when we (well I, LOL) started planning a whole year ago. Ok I say I for the planning because my sister let me run with it, and boy did I ever. She had a say so in everything and I would run by everything with her but me and my mom are the ones that came up with most of it. The wedding weekend was started with a bridal lunch on Fri. We had it at this cute little store in downtown Fountain Inn. It was perfect, a little store that sold tons of cute monogrammed things, and had a huge open space on the back, along with small town charm it was perfect. DSC02213DSC02221DSC02239



Down here in the south its tradition for a bridal lunch along with a charm cake. The bridal lunch is hosted by an aunt, or the bride her self, to say thank you to the bridesmaids' and ladies in the family. The charm cake is another southern tradition. Normally what is done is different charms on strings are baked in a cake and each bridesmaid pulls it out. Each charm represents something different. Such as heart for love, plane for travel, a baby meaning you are the next one, etc. My sister made an awesome lemon pound cake, I found the idea on Martha Stewart putting flowers in the center so we thought instead of baking the charms we would just lay them in the center and cover with flowers. It worked out perfectly. My sister also had a thank you gift for my mom to say Thank You. It was a beautiful well put together book of pictures from her childhood to ours and on up, it brought her to tears as you can see in the picture above.



By the time the luncheon was over it was time for me to go and pick Connor up from school and get ready for rehearsal. Then of course Dinner, we had it at a simple BBQ place.



The following morning it was go time. My cousin Nikki took Connor for the night so that morning it was just us girls. So in the mist of this I got sick and lost my voice. Go figure. Friday night it was gone but I was given some Rock and Rye (I believe another southern thing) its a brown liquor, not even sure what kind maybe whiskey???? So they say you take a shot and it will clear you up. At that point Friday not I had nothing to lose so I took one that night in hopes it would. Back to Saturday morning I took another shot and kept a cough drop in my mouth all day. We meet up with all the girls and made out way right over the SC border into NC to Head to Toe Salon in Tryon, NC. We had our hair and make up done and then made out way down to the chapel. I had not seen it the year before when Michelle went to look at it, so this was the first time I had been there and it was everything the pictures offered. The wedding was at the Cliffs of Glassy and the reception was held at the Grace Hall in Greer. After we got down with hair and make-up we made our way down the mountain to the cliffs. From there it seemed like everything was in fast motion. We got ready there at the club house and before we knew it, it was time. When we were all standing as my sister was going to make her entrance the two doors opened and the sun shun only on my mom and sister as a breeze came and swept her veil into the air, it was a breath taking sight. She was beautiful.



The reception was fun and the centerpieces my mom made were all the talk. The food was good, the DJ was awesome along with the exit and my speech was great. All day I was hoping my voice would hold up, it was a little squeaky but did its job. Until that morning I honestly had no clue what to say. I had started weeks before and just kept looking at a blank screen, I think I had maybe one sentenced typed out. It wasn’t until literally the morning of that it all flowed out. I had several men come up to me saying that I brought tears to their eyes. That made me feel pretty proud. Here is the speech.



Hi I am honored to be here tonight as we are here to celebrate two very special people, for those that don’t know me I am Michelle’s sister Tiffany. I have lost my voice so I am going to make this short and sweet, with out to many squeaks or cracks in my voice. I honestly had no idea what I was going to say. I have so much I could say and so many memories and stories I could share. When trying to prepare for this speech everyone told me to let it come from the heart. Until this morning I couldn’t get it all put together. This morning waking up next to my sister and laying in bed talking just like we use to do when we were little girls I was overwhelmed with 27 years of memories we have shared.



With us being so close in age she was always my play mate, well more like I was the child that would tell her she was adopted (although we look just alike) and before she came to us we use to have a dog, (seeing when we were kids we always wanted one but were never able to have one). I was always the one causing trouble; Michelle on the other hand was known for being the sweet and innocent one. Some may still think that to this day but don’t let her sweetness fool you. There were many times when I was being a perfectly well behaved little girl (yea I know hard for some to believe) and the roles would be reversed. We would be sitting in our rooms playing and she would scream out MOM TIFFANY HIT ME, and of course with me being the one that always picked on my sister I would get yelled at to stop and leave Michelle alone, well truth be told I was on occasions doing nothing wrong, and sweet innocent Michelle would just yell it out. My mom always thought that’s how the story went and finally about 2 years ago Michelle confessed that I was never doing anything wrong, it was just her trying to get me in trouble. Although she may not always be sweet and innocent I have always been able to count on her. We may be like day and night but I know that no matter what she is going to go above and beyond anytime that I need her.



We have always known from day one that we would be each other’s maid or matron of honor and that nothing would come in the way of that. Today I am blessed to be able to say that I have fulfilled my duties in being able to hand my sister along with my mom off to a great man. I have always wanted a brother and now I have received one that goes above and beyond of the expectations of having one. Not only is he a great brother but he is an awesome uncle to my son Connor. Kyle we are glad to officially welcome you to our family.



With that being said if everyone could grab your drink: "Today on your wedding day Michelle I want to raise my glass to you for being the example a sister always dreams of. I want to thank you for always being there for me in the good times and the bad and I want you to know that I am so happy for you and Kyle. May today’s happiness continue with you for all the days of your lives. I wish you the best! To the bride and groom!"



A lot of us meet downtown Greenville for a few more drinks. I was thankful that my cousin took Connor again for a second night. The wedding weekend wore us out! It was a wonderful weekend!



DSC_0152 Wedding Pics (2) Wedding Pics (3) Wedding Pics (4) Wedding Pics (7) DSC_0320DSC_0158 Wedding Pics0001_1 (2)



… and they lived happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment