Thursday, January 19, 2012

Recovery

Recovery has gone well. A lot better then I thought.  I started driving this week so it seems like I have been running a lot errands.  Today I had therapy this morning then did some errands and tonight I crashed, Today wore me out but I guess I need to be prepared.  Tomorrow is the same and its just preparing me for when I go back to work.  Connor has helped me due my exercises.  I hade to put the towel on the bottom of my foot and pull.  This is him helping :

IMG_0347[1] 

Early this month we attended a funeral service for a hero that recently died in Afghanistan.  We did not know him, but his name was Justin Whitmire and he was 20 years old.  He went to Hillcrest as well as I did.  It was amazing seeing the amount of people that showed up to pay respects. Never in my life have I seen anything like that.  Over 2000 people, it was reported that it was the largest military funeral ever in SC.  That makes me proud that the Golden strip area pulled together like a real community.   I did decide to take Connor with us, and thought it could be a great learning experience.  I did talk to Connor about what a solider did to protect our country and we were going to pay our respects because he was in the army to protect us.  Another lesson for the day was about the American flag and how we shouldn't let it touch the ground.  The whole thing gave me a greater appreciation for our country and soldiers. 

DSC02501 DSC02509 DSC02516 DSC02517

No comments:

Post a Comment