Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Disney World!!!!!

OK so I am having to post backwards because I am super slack.  A chance came up for me and Connor to take a trip to Disney World the weekend before school started, and we could not pass it up.  It was for 4 night 5 days.  I was tight budget wise and seeing I had decided 3 weeks in advance I knew we would be able to do only 1 day at the parks.  I was also afraid of the drive.  I borrowed a DVD player for the ride.  I was stoked and couldn't wait to let Con know.  I made a gift bag up with Disney theme things for him to do in the car.  I wasn’t going to tell him until Wednesday the night before we left.  One because I wanted it to be a surprise but the main reason was I didn't want him to go on and on for a week if it was time to go yet.  He knew the concept of Disney.  He always sees the castle at the beginning of his movies, and I told him one day we would go.  So come Wednesday it was time to revile the surprise.  I  had my mom record it, I was really hoping for a memorable response. It wasn’t the exact memorable response I was hoping for but it was memorable.  He wasn’t happy at all.  He said he wanted to stay home.  I can’t help but look back now and laugh, because he is such a home body. 

Thursday morning we get up and leave and the 7 hour drive was not bad at all Connor did really well in the car.  That night we went out to eat and played at an arcade.  We made it a early night because Friday we were going to Magic Kingdom.  Another surprise I had for him was for him to get dressed up like a pirate.  It was so much fun!  He loved it.  We also rode on some of the rides.  It was hot but not as bad as I was expecting it to be.  Come about 3pm he was over it and wanted to go to the hotel.  So eventually we made it out of there about 4:30.  What I learned was that you defiantly can’t do everything in one day.  It would have been perfect if we stayed on propriety to avoid the traffic and be able to take a nap.  Once we were back at the hotel he saw the pool and instead of laying down wanted to swim. 

DSC02833

DSC02839

Friday in the middle of the night Connor woke up throwing up.  He was sick all threw the night and into the morning.  In the early afternoon he finally stopped throwing up and I had to drag him across the street to get meds and fluids.  He was so pitiful and I felt horrible about having to take him out but with it being just me and him I had no other choice.   I let him go in his pajamas and brought along a bag incase he got sick, which he did.  There was a pizza hut right by the hotel so I also stopped and ordered a big enough pizza I could eat for lunch and dinner.  We went back and spent the rest of the day and night in the hotel.  Connor still was sick part of the night.  Sunday we woke up and he was feeling better but we took it easy.  We went to Wonderworks which is a science museum, and then that evening walked around universal.  Monday morning we were up bright and early and headed home.  In all it was a good trip even with the sickness. 

 

DSC02859

DSC02870

No comments:

Post a Comment