Wednesday, January 16, 2013

LooseWell

LooseWell is a program that is offered through my work, for weight lose and becoming healthy.  The best thing is that the program is FREE!  You have to complete 10 out of the 12 classes, if not then you will be pay roll deducted for $199.  That enough is motivation for me to go and complete it.  The 12 weeks are a weekly class that is a hour and half, and we learn about healthy eating and well.. I am not sure what else but I will soon find out. :)  Last week we went in and were weighed, b/p taken, BMI configured, waist measured, and labs drawn.  The program is over seen by a physician and a dietitian along with a exercise physiologist.  Ohh the best thing I forgot to mention is that during the 12 weeks we get a gym membership so we are able to work out!  

Monday 1/14 was Week 1 – The Dr talked to us about what our numbers meant.  Mine are not anything to be alarmed about but defiantly should come down.  I won’t share them now but maybe for comparison at the end of the 12 weeks.  We also go a heart rate monitor thingy my bop (yes I did call it that) its this contraption that you wrap around and it sits right under your breast.  Then you have the watch part that tells you your heart rate.  Its pretty cool. 

In class we got specific calories each one of us should eat.  I have been using a app called MyFitness Pal and it tracks everything you eat.  Although, this is the first week I got in the mind set last week and stopped drinking all soda.. yes ALLLL that's huge for me, I truly had an addiction to Mountain Dew.  I also started eating better.  This week I am still doing the same but now keeping a food diary.  We will have our first weigh in next Monday. I am excited to see how I do.  This weekend will be a struggle because it is the weekend and to top it off pay week.  Of course we always go out to eat on those days.  If I do choose to go out I will make wise choices and make sure I count for everything I eat.  I even made sure I counted the 10 m&ms tonight, and logged them!  Tomorrow I plan on hitting the gym on my lunch hour and walking for an hour.  I am hoping I will be able to go to Zumba tomorrow evening.  That will really get my heart rate up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment