Monday, September 3, 2012

The latest on my Pinterest Obsession

I’m still just as ever hooked on Pinterest, although I’ve put my self on restrictions for doing anymore new projects for a little while.  Here is what I’ve been busy doing within the past 6 months.

Here is the Easter wreath I did.  It looked really cute hanging up in the kitchen on the door to the laundry/garage.  The grass was a little messy but makes it looked even better.  I used a cardboard box I cut a circle wreath shape out of and went hot glue gun crazy.  I have never attempted to do a bow before and even with the bow magic (or whatever it is called, to help you achieve the perfect bow) Mine looked like a hot mess.  So that is where there is a egg in the middle of it. :)IMG_0592

 

My friends I discovered IKEA!  That could be a dangerous thing.  I guess it is a good thing they are a bit of a drive for me (Atlanta & Charlotte).  I saw this supper cute idea on Pinterest and knew it would be perfect for my closet.  Not to mention my necklaces were becoming more and more of a tangled mess just in the drawer.  Not only does it look supper cute, it is nice to have found some necklaces I forgot I had!IMG_0673

I made the sidewalk paint for Connor and my God daughter Olivia. It was very easy and fun. Just cornstarch and water. I added food coloring for the colors. I even had fun with this one. IMG_0878

IMG_0880

The biggest project I took on was the redo of my bathroom. I saw a grey bathroom and feel in love with the color so off to lowe’s I went to find a similar one. The I saw back cabinets and thought I should do that (that always gets me in trouble) This project seemed to never end with my busy schedule. I had in mind to just frame the mirror and then saw a awesome pin that this the frame and tile around the mirror I loved it and wanted the same. So then off I went to find the tile. I will say I learned a lot from the mirror project. Although they say measure twice cut once was good advice, I kept cutting the board at the wrong angle. I think I had to go back for 2 new ones. That was my first time cutting boards and with cutting glass tile. It looks good but what I learned along the way could look better, but I am pleased with the result and makes the bathroom look really good. IMG_1268IMG_1269I’m bad I had a before picture but can not find it :/

 

This last project was my all time favorite so far.  I had a huge wall in my living area that I had some pictures on it but they were defiantly to small and got lost with all the wall space.  I had been keeping my eyes out for hall tables to fit on the wall but everything I found was way over my budget, which as a single mom is next to nothing.  I know in a pervious post I showed the dresser my mom re-did for me.  That was now the hall table and I needed something big to go over it.  I LOOOOOVE pictures so I knew that was what I wanted.  I really wanted family pictures done because we did not have any as a family with Connor and now Kyle.  I looked for the “perfect” photographer for a couple months.  I was looking for something outside and just simply amazing.  I found Rachael Hughes out of Greenwood, SC and we all traveled there one evening.  I must say it had rained that day and was cloudy that evening and I was worried about the pictures, but they still turned out amazing.  SO back to the wall, I had seen pins for canvas prints and I knew that was what I wanted to do.  I priced the prints on various websites.  I found it was going to be well over $600 for the number of prints and sizes I needed/wanted.  Needless to say that was WAAAAY over my budget.  So off to research the pins I had seen.  Turns out it was so easy!  Canvas, modge podge and the prints!  I ended up painting the sides black because I liked that look better. I am so in love with the wall and it brings a smile to my face every time I see it. 

TADA!

IMG_1283

No comments:

Post a Comment